8/5/09

Short Foundation Reviews

Hey Ladies,

So, I know there are a lot of women out there who have skin just like me: oily & acne-prone.
It's an extremely sad and depressing situation because you have blemishes that you want to cover, but the products that you put on your face to heal or cover your acne could be making it worse.

Last summer is when I really started paying attention to the ingredients in all the products I'm interested in -- from moisturizer to blush and everything in between. Throughout this past year, I can honestly tell you all that I have NOT found a product that does NOT cause acne. Yes ladies, you heard me right. Every product I've tried on my face has made me break out! Its a sad reality, but I'm determined to fine a quality product.


Here's a list of foundations which I've tried:

1. MAC Studio Fix Fluid - has silicone which is basically plastic & extremely bad for your face
2. MAC Select SPF 15 - Even though its water-based, I still broke out horribly
3. Revlon ColorStay for Oily/Combo Skin: didn't break out too much, but too hard to blend
4. MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural - Contains talc & bismuth oxychloride (BAD FOR SKIN)
5. CoverGirl Clean Liquid - I barely broke out with this, but it didnt last very long
6. Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse - Broke out after 3 weeks of using it, but I loved the way it felt :\
7. Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse - loved this as well, but I still broke out, not as bad as MAC though
8. NYX Twin Cake Powder - The name says it all "Cake" - this stuff sucks! too thick, broke me out
9. Everyday Minerals - The best foundation I've tried, doesnt break me out until summer time when it mixes with my facial sweat :\ Doesnt contain talc or bismuth oxychloride :)
10. iD Bare Minerals - itches really bad due to the bismuth oxycloride, didnt break me out, but it just itched!!

I hope this list can help you determine which foundations to stay away from. IMO, I honestly recommend you all try Everyday Minerals if you havent. They offer free sample kits - all you have to pay is shipping which is no more than $4.00USD.
Here's the link for the sample kits:
https://www.everydayminerals.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=26&Itemid=40


Enjoy!

XOXO,
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment